Minutes of the Meeting of Milton Ernest Parish Council held on Monday 25th June 2015 at 8.00pm in the Village Hall

Present: Cllrs Dilley, Sharman, Williams, Snowball, Newman, Winter, Reddington, Borough Councillor McMurdo, the Clerk (Sue Bottoms), 1 member of the public.

  1. Apologies for Absence: None.
  2. Declarations of interest in items on the agenda:
    1. i.            To receive written requests for a dispensation: none.
    2. ii.            To consider any requests for a dispensation: none.
  3. To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 18th May 2015: These were signed as a true record of the meeting.
  4. Public Open Session (15 mins):

Cllr Dilley sent the condolences of the Parish Council to Neil Roy on his recent bereavement.

i)      A resident of Thurleigh Road expressed concern at the speed of traffic entering and leaving the edge of the village.  He suggested the need for road humps or average speed camera to be installed. Cllr McMurdo agreed to ask for strips to be put down to check the speed of traffic.          Action: Cllr McMurdo

ii)    Cllr McMurdo reported that although the Midland Mainline Project had been halted the road closure for work on Templars Bridge would still take place.

  1. Planning:

Applications Received:

15/00881/FUL Milton Ernest Lower School, Thurleigh Road, MK44 1RF. Installation of surfaced games area, including fencing. No objections.

15/01102/FUL 3 Thurleigh Road, MK44 1RF. Erection of detached garage to rear/side and relocation of sun room.  No objections.

14/00815/FULWM Land adjacent Milton Road and Old Milton Road, Thurleigh. Construction of a green waste and wood waste recycling facility.   It was resolved to circulate the hard copy to any councillor who wished to see it and the Clerk to request an extension from the Planning Department to enable the Parish Council to construct a response.          Action: The Clerk

15/01412/TPO 17 Huntsmans Way, MK44 1SA. Works to various trees to crown lift and reduce by 25-30%.

Applications Approved:

15/00986/AOC Mount Pleasant, 12 Radwell Road, MK44 1RY. 14/03089/FUL – Condition 3 – Materials – Two storey front/side extension and porch, single storey side extension.

15/00653/LDP 27B Swan Court, Radwell Road, MK44 1SH. Erection of detached single garage to side.

15/00881/FUL Milton Ernest Lower School, Thurleigh Road, MK44 1RF. Installation of surfaced games area including fencing.

15/00891/FUL 3 Mill Court, MK44 1RP. Second floor rear extension to provide additional bedroom.

Applications Withdrawn:

15/00641/FUL 3 Thurleigh Road, MK44 1RF. Erection of detached garage to rear/side and relocation of sunroom.

  1. Village Welfare: To consider and agree action regarding the following:

i)        To receive an update regarding the trees to the rear of Butterfield Court: Cllr Dilley reported having a site visit with Mr Baxter who was supportive of the need to do work, had received two quotes and submitted a TPO work request.  Some trees needed reducing and some removing.  There had been a visit from the Council to look at the trees and it is not clear if all the work being requested by Mr Baxter was acceptable.  The neighbour who had originally identified the problem with the trees was happy with the proposed work.

ii)      To receive an update on the plaque for the commemorative oak:  This had been ordered.

iii)    To receive an update on resurfacing of River Lane/London End:  Cllr Reddington reported that she had attempted to fix a date with Andy Prigmore.  She would arrange a date with both him and Cllr McMurdo.

Action: Cllr Reddington

iv)    To agree action regarding the old post office footpath: It was resolved that Cllr Reddington would ask Andy Prigmore to look at this when she met with him regarding iii above.   Action: Cllr Reddington

v)      To receive an update on Riverside Meadow and agree any further action: Cllr Dilley would look at the existing contract for work on the Meadow.  He had made a start on writing a five year maintenance plan which would be incorporated in the Neighbourhood Development Plan along with the biodiversity map.  It was resolved to accept a quotation from Tree Specific Ltd for £360 to cut the hedge once the nesting season was over.           Action: The Clerk

  1. New Village Welfare Issues:

i)  To consider and agree action regarding missing sign at entrance to permissive path from Thurleigh Road: It was resolved that Cllr Williams would make enquiries with the Rights of Way Officer.   Cllr Reddington would also ask Andy Prigmore when she met with him.                                                Action: Cllrs Williams and Reddington

8.  Finance:

i)        Decision: to accept the monthly reconciliation presentation: It was resolved to accept this.

ii)      Decision: to agree payments to be made.

Cheque No Who To Amount (£)
DD BBC Salaries June 293.33
457 Rosetta Publishing Ltd NDP Questionnaire 496.80
458 Warners Grass Cuting 1/6 276.00
459 BBC Waste Collection from Playing Field 68.57
460 Warners Grass Cut 22/5 276.00
461 Warners Grass Cut 16/6 276.00
462 Wildman Glass Collection 66.00
463 S Bottoms Refund for purchase of litterbins 280.00
464 S Dilly refund for room hire NDP 20.00

It was resolved to accept these.

iii)    To review and adopt the Financial Regulations: It was resolved to accept these.

iv)    To consider and agree action regarding a grant request from PCC: It was resolved that the Clerk write and ask for a breakdown of the maintenance of the clock and the churchyard over the last five years. Payment to be made of £250 for an edition of the Villager.   Action: the Clerk.

9.  To review and agree adoption of Code of Conduct: It was resolved to accept these.

10. To review and agree adoption of Standing OrdersIt was resolved to accept these.

11. To receive E-mailed questions from members of the public and to agree action:

Trees in Huntsmans Way: Two residents adjacent to Huntsmans Way had complained to the Parish Council regarding overgrowing trees.  Cllr Dilley had dealt with both cases.

12.  Reports by Representatives:-

i.  NDP Steering Group: Cllr Dilley reported that the questionnaire was being collected over the coming weekend.  This had been the main topic of the recent NDP meeting.  The consultant would be attending the August NDP meeting to start to develop a policy from the questionnaire data.

ii. Playing Field Committee: Cllr Williams reported there had been a meeting directly prior to this meeting.  Two new bins were to be purchased.  The Clerk to contact Wicksteed to sort a date for the inspection.       The Clerk

iii. P3 Working Group: Nothing to report.

iv.Village Fete: Cllr Sharman reported that the new gazebos would be used at the fete.  Volunteers were needed from 9am.

13.  Review of Actions Summary from Last Meeting:

i)        Progress with Land Registry/Crown: It was resolved that Cllr Reddington should now pursue this on behalf of the Parish Council.  Geoff Atkinson was to be thanked for all his hard work on this matter on behalf of the Village.    Action: Cllr Reddington

ii)      Subsidence in New Road and Patching in Marsh Lane: To be raised when Cllr Reddington meets with Andy Prigmore.                          Action: Cllr Reddington

14. Date of the Next Meeting: Thursday 30th July 2015 at 8pm in the Village Hall.       Apologies in advance from Cllrs Winter, Sharman and Snowball.

…………………………………………………………………………………….  Chairman               30th July 2015