Minutes of a meeting of Milton Ernest Parish Council held on Thursday 26th February 2015 at 8.00pm in the Village Hall.
Present: Cllrs Sharman, Dilley, Newman, Winter, Williams, Snowball, the Clerk, Mrs Sue Bottoms and 3 members of the public.
- Apologies for Absence: Cllrs Atkinson, McMurdo. In Cllr Atkinson’s absence Cllr Dilley took the Chair.
- Declarations of interest in items on the agenda:
- To receive written requests for a dispensation: None.
- To consider any requests for a dispensation: None.
- Minutes of the last meeting: The minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 29th January 2015 were accepted and signed as a true record. The meeting then closed for Item 4.
- Public Open Session (15 mins): None.
15/00352/FUL 13 Arkwright Road, MK44 1SE. Two storey side extension to form annexe – revised scheme with additional obscure glazed window on side elevation.
15/00373/FUL 20 Arkwright Road, MK44 1SE. Single storey rear extension.
Applications Approved: None.
To consider the nominations for Green Spaces Status and agree action: It was resolved to defer to item 11.
- Village Welfare:
Decision: re Plaque for the Commemorative Oak: It was resolved that the wording should say: “Quercus Robur (English Oak), planted by the children of Milton Ernest School on the 19th December 2014 to commemorate the First World War centenary (1914-1918)”. It was resolved that the Clerk should get a price for a marble or granite wedge. Action: the Clerk.
To receive an update regarding the application for a Rural Affairs Grant: Cllr Dilley reported that the Parish Council had been successful in obtaining the full grant from Bedford Borough Council. The parish councillors thanked Cllr Dilley for his efforts in securing this.
Update regarding getting a quote to maintain benches: it was resolved to accept the quote from Mr Bannard Smith of £285. It was resolved that Cllr Sharman would contact Mr Bannard Smith and ask that the colour be light oak. Action: Cllr Sharman.
To receive an update re: date for a litter pick: the Clerk reported that Debbie Shrimpton was going on maternity leave and at this stage no more litter picks were being scheduled. She would get back in touch once plans were confirmed regarding whether there was to be a temporary replacement. Action: the Clerk.
To receive an update re: cold calling in the Village: Cllr Snowball reported that following confirmation that the existing “no cold calling” signs around the village were not valid, the Parish Council needed to decide whether to ask for them to be removed. It was resolved that Cllr Newman would look around the village and identify any other redundant signs so the Parish Council could ask for them all to be removed at the same time. Cllr Snowball asked if any councillors were aware of individuals being extremely upset by nuisance calls. Trading Standards had access to a machine to deal with these. Action: Cllr Newman.
Dog Fouling: The Clerk reported that she had reported the problem to firstname.lastname@example.org. It was resolved to monitor the situation.
Concern by adjacent resident re: Maple in Huntsmans Way: Cllr Dilley reported that he had inspected the tree. At the moment the land is not in Parish Council ownership. If the resident wanted work doing to the tree she would need to contact the Crown. Once the land is in the ownership of the Parish Council, it would arrange removal and replacement with a more suitable variety. The resident could make a contribution. It was resolved that Cllr Newman relay this information to the resident concerned.
- New Village Welfare :
- i. To receive a report back from Parish and Town Council meeting: Cllr Snowball reported that these meetings take place every 3-4 months. The last meeting was attended by the Chief Constable and the Crime Commissioner and discussion took place about the 5 year plan and crime levels within Bedfordshire. He was concerned that the change in shift patterns for PCSO’s could impact on the parish. Cllr Snowball would complete a questionnaire given to him on behalf of the Parish Council. With regards elections, the 9th April is the deadline for submitting nomination papers.
- ii. To discuss traffic volumes through the Village and to agree action: Cllr Snowball expressed concern about the increase in through volume and the difficulty of exiting Radwell Road. It was resolved to ask Mr Prigmore whether the Parish Council could see the results of the current traffic survey and how we might go about doing something about it e.g. a roundabout. Action: the Clerk
- iii. Date for Bulky Waste Skip to come to the Village: The skip will be in the village on Saturday 20th June. In Marsh Lane (8.30am-10.00am) then Radwell Road (10.00am-12.30pm).
i) It was decided: to accept the monthly reconciliation presentation.
|DD||Bedford Borough Council||Salaries (Feb)||£240.67|
|442||S Dilley||Room Hire NDP||£ 20.00|
|443||Wildman Transport||Glass Collection||£ 66.00|
ii) It was decided: to agree payments to be made.
iii) To receive an update in the internal check: Cllr Williams reported that having checked the bank statements, cheque issued etc all was satisfactory. She would continue doing so on a regular basis.
9. To agree to adopt revised Standing Orders: It was resolved to accept these with minor changes.
10. To receive E-mailed questions from members of the public and to agree action: None.
11. Reports by Representatives:
NDP Steering Group: Cllr Dilley reported that he had submitted seven sites for designation as Local Green Spaces. With regards the questionnaire quotes for printing were being sought with the aim of distributing in 4-5 weeks.
Playing Field Committee: Cllr Williams reported that the meeting planned for this evening could not take place because it was not quorate. The next meeting would be prior to the April Parish Council meeting. It was resolved to agree the Terms of Reference.
P3 Working Group: Nothing to report.
Village Fete: Mr Roy reported that the Village Fete this year would be on the 27th June. There would be an article in the Villager discussing themes and procedure. Cllr Sharman asked if the Parish Council could purchase a replacement gazebo for the Village Fete using funds raised through rental of the existing one. It was resolved that the Clerk consult Louise Ashmore at BATPC. Action: the Clerk
12. Review of Actions Summary from Last Meeting: This was reviewed.
20mph flashing sign near the school: It was resolved that the Clerk check with Andy Prigmore that this was still on the BBC works programme and will be done by March 2015. Action: the Clerk
Footpath Radwell Road/Rushden Road – Soil encroaching: It was resolved that the Clerk contact Andy Prigmore. Action: the Clerk
Slimy sign on the A6: Clerk to report again.
Sign – Bottlebank: It was resolved that Cllr Williams would contact the Garden Centre. Action: Cllr Williams
13. Date of the Next Meeting: Thursday 26th March 2015 at 8.00pm in the Village Hall. Cllr Newman gave his apologies in advance.
Cllr Atkinson, Chairman 26th March 2015