Minutes of a meeting of Milton Ernest Parish Council held on Thursday 30th October 2014 at 8.00pm in the Village Hall.

Present: Cllrs Atkinson, Dilley, Newman, Winter, Williams, Snowball, Sharman, McMurdo, the Clerk, Mrs Sue Bottoms and two members of the public.

  1. Apologies for Absence: None.
  2. 2. Declarations of interest in items on the agenda:
    1. To receive written requests for a dispensation: None.

ii.  To consider any requests for a dispensation: None.

  1. Minutes of the last meeting: The minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 25th September 2014 were accepted and signed by Cllr Atkinson as a true record of the meeting. The meeting then closed for Item 4.
  2. 4. Public Open Session (15 mins):

i)        Twinwoods Gate: Cllr McMurdo confirmed that efforts were continuing to try to get this opened.

ii)      360 degree camera on Village Green: Cllr Snowball confirmed that this had been installed by Bedford Borough Council at the request of Neighbourhood Watch and the police following concerns about activity in the area.

The meeting then re-opened for item 5.

  1. 5. Planning:

Applications Received:

14/02593/FUL The Village Hall, Thurleigh Rd, MK44 1RF. Single storey side extension to kitchen area.

Applications Approved:

i) 14/01977/FUL 13 Arkwright Rd, MK44 1SE. Two storey side extension to form annexe.  

ii)   14/02133/AOC 41 Rushden Rd, MK44 1RU. 14/00515/FUL – Condition 3 – Car park layout (Change of use of land from agricultural/paddock land to B8 (open storage) as an extension to an existing commercial private car park serving a local motor trade business).

iii)  14/02134/AOC 41 Rushden Rd, MK44 1RU. 14/00515/FUL – Condition 4 – Transport turning area.

iii)    14/02538/AOC 12/02372/LBC Milton Ernest Nursing Home, Bedford Road, MK44 1RJ– Condition 2 sample – (Re-pointing and structural repairs to dovecote).

6.  Village Welfare:

i)        To agree action regarding the planting of an oak tree on the Village Green: It was resolved to purchase an oak to be organised by Cllr Dilley at a cost of £230.  The location to be agreed by e-mail once all parish councillors have visited the site.

7.   New Village Welfare Issues:

i) To consider and agree action regarding the Christmas Evening: It was resolved that Cllr Newman was to check the availability of the band on Sunday 30th November.  Cllr Newman to check availability of the Hall.  Cllr Newman would also circulate a “to do” list.  Cllr Snowball to contact the vicar about availability.  Action: Newman, Atkinson and Snowball.

ii) Fence/Planning Application 14/02133/AOC 41 Rushden Rd: It was resolved that Cllr Williams would contact the Planning Dept to establish the style of fencing between the application and the playing field. Action: Cllr Williams.

iii) Overhanging growth along part of the footpath adjacent to Shoyswell and along the footpath between Radwell Road and Huntsman’s Way: It was resolved that Cllr Atkinson would ask P3 to undertake the work.  Action: Cllr Atkinson.

iv) Light on the A6: Cllr Sharman has reported this.

8.  Finance:

i)        It was decided: to accept the monthly reconciliation presentation.

Cheque No To Whom For Amount (£)
DD BBC Salaries 230.14
420 ME Village Hall Hire 111.50
421 Warners Grass Cutting 2/10 276.00
422 S Bottoms Expenses 25.04
423 Warners Grass Cutting 17/10 276.00

ii)      It was decided: to agree payments to be made.

iii) It was decided: to pay the invoice of £528 for the cutting of Riverside Meadow. It was questioned whether it was necessary to remove the cuttings. As a result, it was further resolved to consider revising the maintenance plan.  It was further resolved to ensure that contractors are not engaged for work before a quotation is clearly accepted by the Parish Council.

iv) It was decided : to pay the invoice for the Queen’s Head for the NDP meeting (£20).

v) It was decided: to make a contribution towards the kitchen extension being undertaken by the Village Hall.  The amount to be decided at the budget

vi) It was decided: to set aside an extra £60 for Neighbourhood Watch to cover the cost of the Autumn/Winter newsletter.

vii) It was decided: that Cllr Dilley would make an application for £7,000 from the Rural Grant Scheme towards the cost of acquiring land in the parish.

viii) It was decided: to agree to make an irrevocable resolution to pay £750 towards the Crown solicitor’s legal costs when required.

9.   To receive E-mailed questions from members of the public and to agree action:

i)        Will the length of the Thurleigh Road buffer zone be the same as that in Radwell Road and when will it be implemented? The Clerk reported that it would be between 80-100m and would be installed in the new year. It was resolved that the Clerk would ask the Borough if it could be at the maximum length and also to check whether the reference was to the start of 2015 or the new financial year.                                                            Action: The Clerk

ii)      When are the Borough Council to address the dangerous footpaths in Marsh Lane? Cllr McMurdo reported that the inspector had felt that there were no dangerous defects.  Cllr McMurdo had asked that approximately 20m of the worst part be repaired.

10. Reports by Representatives:

NDP Steering Group: Cllr Atkinson reported that a meeting had taken place and the next meeting was to be on the first Tuesday in November.

Playing Field Committee: Cllr Williams reported that a meeting had taken place prior to this meeting. It had been decided to replace part of the trim trail and get a quote for new bins.

P3 Working Group: Nothing to report.

11.   Review of Actions Summary from Last Meeting: This was reviewed.

12.  Date of the Next Meeting: Thursday 27th November 2014, 8.00pm, Village Hall. 

………………………………………………………………

Cllr Atkinson  Chairman

27th November 2014