Minutes of the Meeting of Milton Ernest Parish Council held on Thursday 24th April 2014 at 8.00pm in the Village Hall
Present: Cllrs Atkinson, Williams, Newman, Winter, Bailey, Snowball, Sharman, the Clerk Mrs S Bottoms and 7 members of the public.
- Apologies for Absence: were received from Cllr McMurdo. It was resolved to accept these apologies.
- Declarations of interest in items on the agenda
- i. To receive written requests for a dispensation
- ii. To consider any requests for a dispensation
- To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 27th March 2014: It was resolved to accept these as a true record and they were duly signed.
- Public Open Session (15 mins):
i) Parking on the Pavement/Radwell Road: The Clerk reported that she had forwarded photographs taken to our PCSO. It was resolved that the Clerk would find out about the option of no verge parking and Cllr Bailey would attempt to have action taken regarding the present problem. Action: The Clerk and Cllr Bailey
ii) 14/00815/FULWM Growing Beds Application: It was resolved to include the concerns expressed by the resident in the response from the Parish Council. Action: The Clerk
iii) Biomass Power Station Currently Under Construction in Building 16/Twinwoods: It was resolved that the Clerk establish what planning permission had been given for this. Action: The Clerk
14/00640/FUL and 14/00641/LBC 13 Radwell Road, MK44 1RY. Single Storey Rear Extension to Dwelling and Replacement Garage. Replace Stone Wall with Picket Fence.
14/00515/FUL 41 Rushden Road, MK44 1RU. Change of Use of Land from Agricultural/Paddock Land to B8 (Open Storage) and Extension to Existing Commercial Private Car Park. The Clerk to respond based on comments circulated.
14/00815/FULWM Land at Coplar Farm, Mill Hill, Thurleigh, MK44 2DQ. Construction of a Green Waste and Wood Recycling Facility. Decision: the Parish Council opposed this application and would respond accordingly to the Planning Department.
14/00678/AOC Hollow Farm, Rushden Road, MK44 1RZ. 13/0224/COU – Condition 3 Passing Place – Change of Use of Part Agricultural Building to B8 Storage and Distribution.
13/02607/MAF Twinwoods Farm, MK44 1YU. Construction of Two New Pig Buildings, Bio Security Fence, Drainage, Concrete Paths, Stock Fences and Enlargement of Earth Bunds.
- Village Welfare:
- i. Sign at the entrance to Riverside Meadow: It was resolved that the Clerk ask Metrosigns to quote for additional wording and for the sign to be approximately half a metre from the ground. The location to be agreed once the sign is ready. It was further resolved that the Clerk find out the cost of a sloping information board. Action: The Clerk
- ii. To consider and agree action regarding damage to Riverside Meadow: It was resolved to defer this item to the next meeting when Parish Councillors would have had time to consider the paperwork.
- iii. To consider a request to the Borough Council for a Reduction to 20mph/Thurleigh Rd and Radwell Road: It was resolved to defer to the June meeting.
- iv. Further Action re: Land Ownership in Huntsman Way: Cllr Atkinson reported that Geoff Atkinson had made contact with Bedford Borough Council who had informed him that they were not aware of funding available to aid the Parish Council in purchasing amenity land. In addition, they were unable to advise the Parish Council regarding steps to take to assert ownership. It was resolved that Cllr Atkinson should contact Cllr McMurdo. In addition that Mr Atkinson should seek information regarding the land purchase from the Crown.
New Village Welfare Issues:
i) Muddy Pavements: Cllr Atkinson reported that P3 had started to clear some of the mud and brambles growing over the pavements. An area near The Queen’s Head had been noted as especially muddy.
ii) Grass/London End and Bottom of River Lane: It was resolved to ask Warners to cut these areas asap. Action: The Clerk
iii) Neighbourhood Watch: Cllr Snowball reported that the Spring Newsletter was about to be distributed along with the no cold-calling stickers.
Decision: to accept the Monthly Reconciliation Presentation
Decision: to accept payments to be made
|387||Shaping Communities||NDP Work||£447.95|
|388||Warners||Grass Cutting (April)||£552.00|
|390||S Bottoms||Expenses||£ 30.00|
Decision: The Clerk to be paid £13 per month through the payroll and stationery to be claimed back monthly.
9. To receive E-mailed questions from members of the public and to agree action: Dealt with above.
10. Reports by Representatives:-
NDP Steering Group: Cllr Atkinson reported that a consultation event was to be held on the 10th of May in the Village Hall.
Decision: to approve (with some amendments) the NDP revised Steering Group Terms of Reference.
Decision: to adopt the NDP Steering Group Members.
Playing Fields Committee:
It was resolved that the Clerk contact Wicksteed for a copy of their recent report.
Action: The Clerk
The line marker and lifebuoys to be stored by Cllrs Williams and Bailey. Cllr Bailey reported that he had decided to infil the gaps between the mats under the equipment with wood/chippings rather than sand. It was noted that tightening the zip wire was in hand.
Cllr Newman handed audited accounts from MEPFA to Cllr Williams. He also read out a series of e-mails to demonstrate that the person who had made a personal donation to the purchase of the kick wall had done so freely without any pressure.
Action: The Clerk, Cllrs Williams and Bailey
Decision: to ring fence the £1289.67 received from the outgoing MEPFA for future projects.
P3 Working Group: Their recent work had been referred to above.
11. Review of Actions Summary from Last Meeting: These were reviewed.
12. Date of the Next Meeting is Thursday 29th May (APM followed by the Annual Meeting of the Parish Council at 8.00pm in the Village Hall
R Atkinson (Chair) 29th May 2014