Minutes of the meeting of Milton Ernest Parish Council held on Thursday 28th November 2013 at 8.00pm in the Village Hall
Present: Cllrs Atkinson, Williams, Snowball, Winter, the Clerk Mrs S Bottoms and 8 members of the public
- Apologies for Absence: were received from Cllrs Newman, Sharman and McMurdo. It was resolved to accept these apologies.
- Declarations of interest in items on the agenda: Cllr Atkinson reported that she was friends with the applicants involved in the planning application for 47 Radwell Road under item 6.
- i. To receive written requests for a dispensation. None received.
- ii. To consider any requests for a dispensation. None received.
- To approve the minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 31st October 2013: It was resolved to accept these as a true and accurate record of the meeting. Cllr Atkinson signed them. The meeting then closed for Item 4.
- Public Open Session (15 mins):
a) Thurleigh Road/30mph/missing chevrons and Twinwoods Gate: Clerk to contact Cllr McMurdo regarding progress and to inform Andy Prigmore of the original location of the missing chevrons. Action: The Clerk
b) Speed Cameras/A6: The question was raised: given that over 4000 vehicles had been caught, were the cameras doing their job and was this a sensible use of public monies.
c) Items for the Website: Clerk agreed that items sent to her could be put on the site.
d) Promotion of the Kickwall: Cllr Winter reported that Cllr Newman had been down to take photographs and hoped to get them in the next Villager magazine.
The meeting then re-opened for Item
a) Applications Received:
- i. 13/02239/FUL 29 Radwell Road, Milton Ernest, MK44 1SH First Floor Rear Extension and New Canopy Roof at the front. Decision: no objections.
- ii. 13/02068/FUL Land Adjacent to 47 Radwell Road, Milton Ernest, MK44 1SH Erection of New Dwelling with Car Port. Decision: to object.
- iii. 13/02353/P11 Mainline Railway Bridge on Radwell Road. To allow electrification of Midland Mainline. Just received.
6. To appoint a Parish Councillor as a trustee of the Turner Rolt Charity: It was resolved to appoint Cllr Jo Williams. Clerk to contact Tom Inskip.
Action: The Clerk
7. Vacancy on the Parish Council: Having received only one application, it was resolved that Eric Bailey be co-opted onto the Parish Council. Having signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office, Mr Bailey joined the other Parish Councillors.
8. Village Welfare:
a) Christmas Concert:
- i. Decision: to wait to see if the event makes a profit before deciding to make a donation.
- ii. Decision: to give a free mince pie and glass of mulled wine to each ticket holder.
- iii. Decision: that Brian Gale should be Santa again and would be inside the entrance.
- iv. Decision: a child from the school to turn on the lights. Cllr Atkinson to ask the school to choose the child. Action: Cllr Atkinson
- v. Decision: The Village Hall Committee to take over the running of the raffle. The Parish Councillors to arrange the hamper. Action: The Parish Councillors
- vi. The list of jobs to be allocated outside the meeting. Cllr Atkinson to check the lights. Action: Cllr Atkinson
b) Grass Cutting Contract which ends March 2014: It was resolved that the Clerk would circulate to the Parish Councillors the current maps showing areas to be cut. All Councillors to make suggestions of areas to be added by the end of December. Clerk to approach possible contractors for quotes for the January meeting. Action: The Clerk
c) Village Litter Pick: It was resolved that the Clerk contact Debbie Shrimpton at BBC and suggest she organised it on the15th March. Action: Clerk
d) New Village Welfare Issues:
- i. Village Agent: Cllr Snowball reported that one is allocated to Milton Ernest to help with providing information, access to services and helping make informed choices. Clerk would put details on website and on boards. Cllr Snowball to arrange more leaflets for distribution around the Parish.
Action: The Clerk and Cllr Snowball.
- ii. Light outside 5 Huntsman Way: Cllr Snowball reported this was 002. Clerk to report to Brian Hayward. Action: The Clerk
- iii. Flooding/Barns/Radwell Road: Clerk to report to Andy Prigmore that a camera had already been put down the drains and discovered they had collapsed as a result of the building of the new houses. Action: The Clerk
- iv. Surfacing/River Lane and London End: Clerk to chase. Action: The Clerk
a) Acceptance of Monthly Reconciliation Presentation: It was resolved to accept this.
b) Payments to be made:
Balances at the start of the meeting totalled £29,540.72.
Payments to be made.
|353*||ME Garden Centre||Seat Base||60.00|
|354||M Towler||Riverside Maint||444.00|
|355||Shaping Communities||NDP Consultant travel||42.75|
|356||S Bottoms||Special Licence for 7th Dec||21.00|
|357||Rosetta Publishing||Neighbourhood Watch Newsletter||78.00|
|358||Grangers||Village/Playing Field 14 and 28th Nov||596.35|
|359||Wildman Transport||Glass Collection Oct||66.00|
|360||C Horne||Clearance of Brandon Strip||72.00|
*Agreed and issued at the last meeting.
It was resolved to accept these.
c) Quote from C Horne re. Huntsman Way: It was resolved to accept the quote for £400 excluding VAT. Action: The Clerk
d) To use a payroll to pay the Clerk and Litter Picker: It was resolved to use Bedford Borough Council as payroll provider. Action: The Clerk
e) Budget: It was resolved that the Parish Councillors would consider this amongst themselves with the intention of finalising it at the January meeting. It was expected that the precept would not increase more than 2%. Action: The Clerk/Councillors
10. To receive E-mailed questions from members of the public and to agree action: None received 3 clear days before this meeting.
11. Reports by Representatives:
a) NDP Steering Group: Cllr Atkinson reported that the Group had now received notification it was to receive a grant of £7,000. The next meeting would be on 17th December (Clerk to book the village hall). At that meeting, the decision would be reached as to what services they wanted the consultant to provide and plan a further open day.
b) Relationship between the Parish Council and the PFA: Following advice from Louise Ashmore at the BATPC, it was resolved that a Playing Fields Committee must be formed by the Parish Council to manage the Parish Council’s assets in line with correct procedure. Terms of Reference would need to be developed and agreed at the next meeting. Action: The Clerk/Cllr Atkinson
c) P3 Committee: It had agreed to trim the conifer opposite Riverside Way.
12. Review of Actions Summary from Last Meeting: This was reviewed and updated.
13. Member’s Calendar: was discussed.
14. Date of the Next Meeting: is Thursday 30th January at 8.00pm in the Village Hall
R Atkinson (Chair) 30th January 2014